Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
Coupang Pay, Coupang’s proprietary payments service, provides its 10M+ customers with convenient ways to pay for their purchases on Coupang’s platforms. Coupang Pay is reimagining how financial services work for both our consumers and sellers, so that they wonder how they ever lived without Coupang, for managing their day-to-day financial needs. We plan to aggressively expand into new Fintech product segments in the near future.
Our FinTech Product and Design team based in Seoul is at the forefront of designing, launching and managing our products and wowing our customers every day. We are looking for a seasoned product leader who has deep experience in creating and scaling financial products that deliver a transformative customer experience.
- Define the Product vision & strategy for Coupang’s Fintech business;
- Grow the business by launching and scaling new financial products for our consumers and sellers in a profitable manner;
- Build, inspire and lead a team of Product Managers and Product Designers responsible for the entire product life cycle from strategic planning through implementation;
- Translate a deep understanding of our Customers and Sellers (achieved via both quantitative and qualitative analysis), into actionable insights to develop new products and continually improve the member experience on our platforms;
- Drive prioritization and ensure alignment amongst a variety of stakeholders including executives, business operations, design, data science, risk and engineering teams;
- Use analytical rigor, experimentation and data to improve our products and drive growth and profitability.
- Successful track record (10+ years) of developing and scaling innovative new products for a Tier 1 Fintech player;
- Track record of managing high performing product development teams working in an agile environment with a rapid iteration cadence;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities: the ability to elicit insights and solve problems through analysis of diverse data;
- Proven ability to understand customer needs and translate that into compelling products and services
- Excellent communication skills to inspire the team, provide clear direction and drive alignment;
- An enthusiastic leader ready to take Coupang’s Fintech products and services to the next level;
- Understanding of the complexities of a marketplace/consumer platform model – preferred;
- Domain experience in consumer lending and/or merchant lending – preferred.
Traits and Competencies
- Analytical thinker who works well in a global, fast-paced, data-driven, cross-functional, and highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture
- Bias for action and willingness to get your hands dirty to get the job done
- Sound business judgment and proven ability to effectively communicate and influence others, including executive level reviews
- Ability to think strategically and at the same time stay on top of tactical execution
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.