Coupang is re-imagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Job Overview :
Everyday millions of users search on Coupang to find out what they need from our ever-increasing product inventories. Having a scalable and efficient search infrastructure is crucial to not only serve the user’s requests within a split-second, but also power all the innovative ideas to enhance the search qualities. We develop cutting edge technologies to redefine our systems to handle information retrieval at massive scale and build the platform to make Coupang move fast to wow our customers.
Key Responsibilities :
As the director of search infrastructure you will work closely with other search teams such as ranking and recommendation to develop the platform strategy to deliver a new intelligent search experience for the Coupang customers and accelerate our company growth. Our mission is to make Coupang the first place for people to search and discover products, and search infrastructure is the foundation for this ambitious vision.
- Experience as an engineering leader in a fast moving environment
- Extensive experience in managing mission critical services with high throughput and low latency
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams to define mission, vision, and roadmaps
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in people management
- Working closely with related engineering teams from Search & Discovery, which is mainly operating based on KST time-zone.
- Successful track record of managing and developing high performing teams capable of tackling complex problems and delivering elegant solutions at scale
- Excellent communicator with great listening skills, growth mindset and can-do attitude
- Strong ability of balancing business and product priorities to deliver maximum impact
- Hands-on experience in search serving system using Lucene/Solr
- Experience in e-commerce search system or Search as a Service
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.