Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
The Product Leader, Supply Chain Management Technology, will have responsibility for the development and growth of the systems that manages the end-to-end supply chain which empowers Wow the Customer experience and Rocket delivery. As a Senior Leader in SCM Technology, the individual will be responsible for executing strategies and decisions for both new and existing business, inventory management optimization and fulfillment network optimization products. Based in Seoul, S/he will be responsible for local and international execution that impact Coupang’s supply chain optimization to achieve the best experience for our customers at the lowest price and with the fastest delivery. S/he will directly manage, and scale, a team of Product Owners and engineering teams (30+ FTE) and collaborate closely with both analytics and data scientists.
As Product Leader, responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Define the vision for SCM Technology, driving strategy and success metrics to improve the speed, reliability and efficiency of our supply chain management systems.
- Drive significant efficiency gain in inventory management optimization products.
- Define a strategy to optimize supply chain network to scale and reduce cost.
- Develop next generation suite of tools to automate and optimize our supply chain network.
- Partnering with key stakeholders to define product strategy.
- Lead a team of Product Owners (also known as Product Managers) responsible for the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to implementation.
- Represent the technical organization and evangelize the work to senior leadership. Raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to difference audiences.
- Be a champion of technology and operational excellence and establish team metrics for that excellence; including a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
- Drive alignment with a variety of stakeholders including executives, operations leaders, and engineering teams.
- Prioritize and create a roadmap of projects and initiatives, considering trade-offs and optimizing for customer experience and lower cost.
- 10+years of experience in SCM / product management, including leading a team of other Product Managers
- e-Commerce or operations related experience (e.g. Supply chain, fulfillment, logistics, delivery, etc.)
- Experience working with multiple teams across different geographies
- Start-up experience (preferred)
Traits and Competencies
- Analytical thinker who works well in a global, fast-paced, data-driven, cross-functional, and highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture
- Bias for action and willingness to get your hands dirty to get the job done
- Sound business judgment and proven ability to effectively communicate and influence others, including executive level reviews
- Ability to think strategically and at the same time stay on top of tactical execution
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.