We are building a product engineering team of passionate people. The team is building an inspiring search and discovery journey for Coupang customers, help our users find products easier and discover more products to live their life to the best.
We are looking for smart, passionate people who have a strong sense of ownership. If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you are up for a change, let’s talk!
This team is a full stack team, in which there are Android, iOS, Web and Backend engineers. As the engineer of Search and Discovery Product team, you will own one of the most critical product surfaces on Coupang’s app – Search and Discovery surfaces where 60%+ of transactions happen.
What you’ll do:
- Build brand new user experience product for Coupang search and discovery experience.
- Help to maintain one or several of most critical services to make sure we are wowing customers constantly.
- Knit across teams by collaborating with Product managers and designers and other functions to build holistic experience that’s right for Coupang users.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative consumer-facing mobile products
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience with distributed systems, system programming and preferably web development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or electrical/electronic engineering, mathematics or equivalent.
- 3+ years of solid work with fundamental algorithms, system design, and large distributed systems. Big bonus if you have React Web development previously.
- Experience in building and owning critical user-facing API platform and corresponding backend systems, and solving complex design, scaling, latency, or performance problems in high-volume low-latency distributed systems.
- Strong communication skills and great product sense.
- Strong passion for building products.
- Strong ownership, having experience of working in early startups is a plus.
- Embrace messiness, wants to be challenged with complex issues.
- Scrappy and willing to take risks.
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located HERE.
- Document Return Policy (Korea ONLY)
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.