Senior Brand Manager
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door. Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year. We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
We are seeking a Senior Business manager who is passionate about Retail and Cross Border eCommerce. This leader will be responsible for building the selection flywheel that will drive the customer experience. The ideal candidate will be a leader that is willing to take up challenges, be forward-looking, is eager to learn, and can contribute to building and developing a high performing team. S/he will be expected to communicate and negotiate with various business stakeholders to deliver results and develop processes and solutions to wow customers.
What You Will Do：
- Build a network of suppliers and onboard them to bring wide selections at competitive prices across categories to Wow our Customers.
- Vendor management which includes negotiations, operational excellence, marketing, new product launches, and other activities which are focused on moving with urgency and driving mutual growth
- Working with cross functional teams to drive successful scaling of the business through process and technology. This will include Finance, Operations, Tech, and Program Management to name a few. These teams will be across multiple locations including China, Korea, and the US.
- P&L and Strategy driver that is able to align business planning and execution with the strategic goals set out for the business.
- Begins everyday Obsessing over Customer Experience. Starts with customer focused objectives and works backwards. Anticipates customer expectations, changing customer shopping behaviors, gaps in our customer experience, etc.. Builds solutions to address and Wow our Customers
- As a strong leader, great communicator and negotiator, the ideal candidate will have good business judgment and analytical horsepower to break down complex problems and the willingness to roll up sleeves
- Creates 3 to 12 month execution plan aligned with the business targets that is quantifiable (GMV) with confidence level categorizations
- Strong negotiator that can build and execute a negotiation strategy. Understands various P&L levers used in a negotiation and associated trade-offs.
- The individual works together with the brand/supplier(s) to drive onboarding, promotional activities, new product launches, etc while focusing on inputs to deliver results that will delight customers
- Consults with internal stakeholders when necessary such as finance, legal, marketing, etc.. Is able to earn trust and build strong working relationships with these teams
- Able to balance strategy with strong operational skills - able to understand, deconstruct, streamline and optimize complex, large-scale business processes
- Always ensures business goals and plans are in line with “Wowing the Customer.” Never sacrifices customer experience for short-term goal
- Support internal partners in driving change, removing roadblocks and increasing participation by local Sellers with respect to the Coupang Global Selling business.
- Thinks strategically but stays on top of tactical execution with relentlessly high standards.
- Bachelor's degree with major in business, supply chain, finance, analytical or related majors (mathematics, statistics, economics, marketing etc.).
- 8+ yrs of relevant work experience in brand/item sourcing, vendor management or business development role in Hong Kong/China markets
- Fluent in English and strong command of Chinese. Korean communication skills are added bonus but not mandatory requirement.
- Proven manager with a successful, resourceful and hands-on track record of running a complex business end-to-end combined with strong P&L experience
- Strong retail, ecommerce or product background with proven ability to drive change
- Superb negotiator with experiences in dealing with different levels with supplier/vendor organizations from tactical to strategic C-level engagement
- Demonstrable ability to build lasting relationships and conduct negotiations with leading global and local brands to obtain preferable terms and win-win solutions
- Proven analytical skills and ability to influence people both internally and externally
- Decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- A passionate self-starter, ready to take Coupang’s customer experience to the next level
- Ability to prioritize work and to find a way in a complex, fast-paced environment