Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
What You Will Do
As an International Marketing Analyst, you will be responsible for providing analytical support to our international marketing operations. This will include setting up channel reporting and data dashboards, ad-hoc campaign effectiveness analysis, A/B testing frameworks and incrementality analysis. You will also provide insights into launch of new programs and customer cohorts to support our acquisition, retention, and expansion programs.
In addition to the above, you will help “Solve business problems”. Working with cross functional teams, limited resources and on time constrained, high-pressure assignments to help teams find areas to focus their energies on.
You will drive problem solving methods and introduce systematic & data driven view of the problem to gain alignment and drive business objectives.
- Defining the problem statement
- Determining the input metrics and the measure of success
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing analytics / Data Science / Business analytics / consulting
- Experience in Marketing & statistical analytics
- Mastery in SQL is a must (at least 3-5 years actively using in working environment)
- Curious problem solver
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Systematic thinker with adequate experience in experimentation and learning from testing
- Team player
- Ability to visualize data & narrate stories
- Extremely persistent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong, analytical, and data-driven background, with proven ability to drive results
- Fluent communication skill in Korean and English (Korean - Mandatory)
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in a Quantitative discipline
- Experience in advanced analytical and statistical techniques related to multivariate and A/B Testing
- Experience in Tableau, SAS, R is a plus
- Experience in Web / App analytics / Marketing attribution / Ad tech is a Plus
* Please submit the English resume.
- Application Review - SQL test - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.