Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
In Dec ’20, we launched Coupang Play, an online video streaming platform which offers the best of Live sports, latest movies, TV shows, originals dramas and much more. Coupang Play is a critical business lever for growing the Coupang Wow membership program. The goal is to make Coupang Play the most aspirational & sought-after entertainment destination in South Korea.
As a Senior Social Media Marketing Specialist, you will drive follower growth of our social media channels, and the best-in-industry engagement rates for each platform.
This will include developing an always-on content strategy for the social channels, weekly posting plans on each channel & working with agencies and internal teams to create content. Being an entertainment brand, Coupang Play will always need to be ‘on-trend’ and driving conversations around its content. Social media will play a key role in driving word-of-mouth and virality for our content, and you will need to define the role that social media can play for every new content of ours in driving overall user growth. You will be supported by other teams and subject matter experts, but you should be ready to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details yourself.
What you will do
- Develop an always-on content strategy for the social channels, weekly posting plans on each channel & working with agencies and internal teams to create content
- Manage, create, edit, and publish engaging content
- Manage social media channels and plan weekly calendars to grow followers and drive engagement
- 5+ years with a background in social media marketing, and clear evidence of having grown a social media channel following & engagement.
- Hands-on experience in working with influencers & content creators
- Knowledge on social listening tools, and KPI management for different social channels, SEO
- Strong creative bent of mind, and ability to think moment marketing & virality
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills
- Self starter, who likes to experiment, test & scale things
Recruitment Process and Others:
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.