Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
Coupang is looking for a dynamic and strategically minded Senior Human Resources Business Partner who thrives in a fast-paced environment. As a site Senior Human Resources Business Partner, this individual will have a proven track record of success in partnering with business leaders to help develop and implement people strategies. They will support business goals and initiatives by ensuring relevant people capabilities and organizational effectiveness based on business understanding, as well as drive results in a way that is consistent with Coupang’s leadership principles.
Reporting to the HR Director, the Senior HR Business Partner will provide coaching, direction and counsel to people managers and business leaders as well as all levels of employees to proactively anticipate, prevent and resolve people issues. They will utilize empathetic listening and conflict resolution skills to resolve workplace concerns and ensure fair treatment of all associates. Through collaboration with others, they will help build and maintain a people focused culture and manage effective strategies in the areas of recruitment, training and development, employee relations, safety labor compliance, worker's comp, compensation benefits administration and performance management.
What You Will Do
- Deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a high-volume workload supporting HR functions and operations leadership
- Lead compliance and employee relation investigations; effectively summarize findings and recommendation in written reports
- Coach and develop leaders focused on best-in-class people practices; train operations leaders on HR policies, procedures, best practices, and HR programs that foster a healthy and productive work environment
- Proactively identify HR/ER risks, derive and implement countermeasures on-site, and provide feedback to achieve stable on-site management
- Maintain positive employee engagement by focusing on employee communications, engagement activities, and career development
- Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion efforts to educate and promote awareness, and ensure an inclusive work environment
- Partner closely with the on-site leadership team to optimize workforce management and HR planning.
- Facilitate new hire orientation and help ensure a complete and positive on-boarding experience
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or business-related field; SPHR, PHR, and/or workplace investigation related certifications such as AWI or SC-LP-WPI a plus
- 10+ years of progressive human resources experience with increasing level of responsibility within a fast paced, high-growth environment
- Functional expertise across general areas of HR including HR Investigations, Employee Relations, Change Management, Diversity and Inclusion, Talent and Performance Management, and Employment Law.
- Ability to motivate, mentor a team, drive the agenda, and empower the team to deliver a high-volume of high-quality work that exceeds expectations
- Demonstrated success in collaborating, building, and executing with others for success in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with aggressive growth goals.
- Prior experience supporting large hourly employee client groups 500+ (e.g., distribution, manufacturing, or service industry environments) preferred
- Excellent writer, presenter, and communicator with ability to provide expert level advice and coaching to management
- Experience with HRIS, reporting, analysis, market data systems, and performance management systems
- Self-starter who can work independently in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Spanish speaking
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.