Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
The FC Department Supervisor will provide leadership and support to the FC Department Manager in a high volume outbound, B2C small parcel environment. Supervise and coordinate operational activities of workers concerned within one or multiple of the following areas; receiving, replenishment, picking, packing, and/or shipping as it relates to preparing it for same day shipping internationally via expedited carrier services. Maintain a safe, effective and orderly work environment, scheduling, continuous process improvement and maintaining positive vendor relationships.
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers
- Maintain harmony among workers and resolve grievances
- Confer with other Supervisors in the distribution center to ensure coordination of other warehouse activities
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment by following all safety procedures
- Support FC Department Manager with improving and maintaining inventory accuracy
- Support FC Department Manager with evaluating and planning labor for upcoming warehouse needs
- Support Department with daily tasks assignments and coordination of employee duties
- Supports FC Department Manager with aspects of employee performance when/if performance evaluations are needed
- Supports cost reduction activities and drives productivity within the department
- Train all new hires for the respective department, including documentation of performance in the first week
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Programs (i.e.: Microsoft Work, Excel) and Google Office
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral, reading and understanding
- Ability to work extended hours and weekend
- Supervisory responsibilities
- Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, individuals will be regularly required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally bend and move around the facility
- The noise in the work environment is usually moderate
- Ability to travel if needed. Travel is minimal in this position
- Fast-paced with multi-level distraction
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Office and Distribution environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field preferred
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.