Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
We seek an energetic, experienced and highly-motivated Category Director for fashion, whose primary role will be helping us to manage our developing the overall strategy for the product category, including researching new product options within the category in order to drive business success. The successful candidate will play a key role in providing category insights and proposals, by analyzing marketing and customer data and monitoring relevant market conditions.
What You Will Do
- Analyze data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends
- Devise long-term development strategies for product categories
- Develop exit strategies for unsuccessful products
- Foster trust relationships with vendors to achieve better pricing and quality of services
- Place appropriate orders to ensure product availability that meets consumer demands
- Determine the positioning of a product category to maximize visibility
- Liaise with marketing teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of a product category
- Collaborate with buyers and merchandisers to expand product categories
- Make forecasts for product demand to ensure the sustainability of inventory
- Assume responsibility of budget development and revenue for category
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, management, marketing, supply chain or other related subject (e.g. fashion)
- Relevant other professional qualifications an advantage
- 10+ years experience in category roles.
- Sound knowledge of category management, sales and marketing principles.
- Experience in fast-paced e-commerce environments a plus.
- Experience managing or closely working with multi-functional teams covering areas such as sourcing, buying, merchandising, inventory management, supply chain.
- Analytical, strong ability to dive deep and stay connected to details while retaining a company-wide perspective.
- Ability to reach consensus between teams with goals which are frequently in tension
- Track record of successfully leading teams to deliver outstanding results, in high growth, fast-paced environments.
- Experience hiring and developing people.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- https://rocketyourcareer.kr.coupang.com/privacy-policy (Korea)
- https://rocketyourcareer.usa.coupang.com/privacy-policy (U.S.)
- https://rocketyourcareer.cn.coupang.com/privacy-policy (China)
- Document Return Policy (This notice MUST be included in a job posting in Korea only to comply with the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.)
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.