Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world. Now we are ready to introduce this ultimate shopping experience to customers beyond Korea.
Position: Corporate Expansion and Development Leader
In this role you will build the future of Coupang Japan’s business.
You will be responsible for growing the newly established Coupang Japan services from buying to last mile fulfillment and everything in between. We are committed to deliver exceptional results for our customers and end-to-end teams to shape and guide the direction of the Japan business. We are a diverse, innovative group that strives to provide data-driven insights and solutions and lead the teams into implementation of the strategies.
You will partner with the leaders of Coupang Japan operations as well as with global teams and related stakeholders to define and execute against our strategic priorities across growth and productivity for Japan.
- Define key initiatives and programs to meet the expansion of the business and achieve revenue growth and market development objectives.
- Continuously analyze, identify and report to the leadership team about market and business opportunities and the opportunities for productivity/efficiency improvement.
- Drive pilots, process improvements and change management initiatives
- Support leadership’s decision making by providing necessary analysis, reports and insights.
- Update the leadership of changes in the market and potential solutions to break through them.
- Have full-ownership on improvising growth strategies and achieving the required growth in the region.
- Minimum -3 years' experience in management consulting or business development in a high growth company
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with MBA preferred.
- Self-starter and strong problem solver, being passionate about identifying and breaking through bottlenecks.
- Can work with ambiguity and constraints in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to foresee business needs, balance business dynamics and work through complexities.
- Required to have maturity, sound decision making skills, ability to influence others.
- Fluency in Japanese and working proficiency in English.