Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
About the Role:
In this role you must lead, develop and implement HR strategy for Coupang’s US operations which consists of hundreds of employees and three locations including Seattle, Mountain View, and Riverside/Los Angeles. As an HR leader you will work to drive global programs collaborating with HR leaders in other regions. As a fast growing technology company, people are at the core of what drives our ability to innovate for Customers. This role is key to transforming how we build, incentivize and develop a world class workforce.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with senior management and the HR Tech team to develop and implement HR plans and solutions
- Partner with HR Tech team to develop and own content that can be broadly shared across Coupang.
- Partner with business on organizationals design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment and development
- Provide management coaching to front line managers and senior leaders
- Assess business unit's HR training needs and conduct 1:1 and group training sessions as appropriate
- Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention and employee experience in order to recommend systemic improvements
- Partner with the business to lead both annual and mid-year review processes which focus on performance management and talent development
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling
- Work with line managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Work with business groups to assess, create and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement initiatives within the client group
- Ability to build conceptualize and develop HR solutions from scratch
- Strong ability to advocate change through influence rather than authority
- Experience working in a fast-growing organization a plus
- Demonstrated ability of helping organization develop leaders
- Strong ability to earn trust of others
- Multinational company experience
- Experience transferring employees between entities and countries
Critical Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and analysis
- Experience working in a high-tech, entrepreneurial environment requiring strong multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of US employment laws such as ERISA, COBRA, ADA, and other federal and state laws covering discrimination and equal opportunity employment
- Work closely with HQ to establish compensation standards for US employees related to both recruiting and retention purposes
- Work in conjunction with the US leaders to establish and implement performance management processes
- Provide input to HQ and IT regarding the proper HR-IS tools and requirements to better serve US employees
- BA/BS degree. Master’s degree considered a plus
- Strong analytical thinker, creative in approach to talent acquisition and talent management
- Strong advisor continually be engaged deeply in the business to understand the current and future talent needs and be able to provide insight/input on the health of the organization
- Has a data-driven approach with strong analytics and the ability to create the right people metrics and implement solutions to drive positive change
- Reputation for being a good leader and strategic partner to the clients
- Known for high judgment, bias for action, and demonstrated ability to deliver results
- Ability to travel to various US offices and occasionally to Korea
- Deep subject matter expertise in the talent management and talent acquisition function with a specific focus on technical talent
- This leader will have demonstrated the ability to strike the right balance between speed/flexibility and process/compliance
- Has a history of driving innovation that leads to tangible results. He or she continuously looks around corners to anticipate the talent needs and put strategies in place to meet the needs of a fast growing, dynamic business
- Known for innovating and testing new ways to develop top talent. This leader will have a passion for talent assessment to ensure the right people are in the right role in all locations and business units
- Known as a strong leader and team builder and developer of talent
- Known for his or her ability to partner very well with clients and global HR teams to meet business objectives
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.