We are building the future of commerce
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
As our Director of Strategic Accounts for 3P Marketplace, you will be responsible for owning and executing major channels establishing Coupang as the market leader for major channels
Strong demonstration ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product and challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
What You Will Do
1) Build a high performance, input driven team
- Attract, hire and retain sales talent
- Provide strong mentoring and coaching to direct reports and sales representatives
- Elevate skill sets and develop bench strength in the team
- Determine short and long-range sales revenue plans per property, vertical, account, territory, and sales representative and execute tactical action plans
- Create and implement sales programs and tools that increase performance by the sales staff
2) Grow revenue significantly
- Develop account coverage strategy for the Korean market segment
- Build upon prior success in this area to continue to grow this opportunity
- Drive the sales management process as well as play a hands-on role in driving sales and opening doors for the sales organization
- Partner with Coupang’s ecommerce teams on category and product development strategies
3) Drive product innovation through thorough understanding and representation of customer and industry trends/needs to ensure Coupang continues to provide a powerful and differentiated value proposition
- Partner with product development to prioritize and build innovative new advertising products to provide a truly better and differentiated advertising business for our customers
- Partner with internal teams to provide the right infrastructure, tools, training, and support for the Strategic sales team
The ideal candidate is an experienced sales leader with a reputation for hiring and developing the best talent. He or she will have a track record of success at driving top sales results, partnering cross functionally, and representing client needs/perspectives to the product organization. They will be an exceptionally strong analytical thinker who likely hails from a leading online firm or technology-enabled organization. He or she will have a strong track record of developing and executing sales strategies, tactics, plans, processes, systems and programs.
The ideal candidate should be a strong coach and mentor for the sales organization and be adept at managing a sales organization and ensuring excellent communication with key stakeholders. The successful candidate will have a talent for responding effectively to industry direction, customer needs and competitive positioning. He or she will thrive in fast-paced dynamic environments and have very strong communication and presentation skills.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Coupang leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment.
- Hires great people. Develops great people.
- Has relentlessly high standards.
- Thinks strategically but stays on top of tactical execution.
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team.
- Aims high and has convictions.
- Results oriented.
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others.
- Basic Qualifications: Educated to degree level, preferably in a technical or analytical discipline
- Preferred Qualifications: Advanced business degree or MBA
- Privacy Notice-
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.