Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
What are the 4 things you need this person to do?
1. Define and execute a seller recruitment strategy to grow the Global Seller base for China markets.
2. Develop sales relationship with external partners, such as e-commerce societies, software companies, logics, and payment service providers etc.,
3. Manage existing Key Accounts to help these sellers grow their selection and output results on Coupang
4. Work with PM team to scope and prioritize technical and process capabilities to improve seller experience and ultimately improve customer experience through enabling sellers to better operate on Coupang
Core responsibilities for this role include:
- Identify, qualify, market and cultivate Seller’s commitment to the Selling on Coupang.
- Develop sales relationship with external partners, such as e-commerce societies, software companies, logics, and payment service providers etc.,
- Analyze customer data and make recommendations to the Coupang Global Selling business. Execute successfully on the marketing plan recommended.
- Implement and track metrics for recording the success and quality of the sellers. Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity.
- Understand and utilize Salesforce.com CRM tools to track all pertinent account information and status of prospective China as well as respond to business forecasts
- Develop a thorough understanding of the e-commerce industry and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive product offerings in Korea
- Prioritize and complete additional projects while continuing to market the Coupang Global Selling business to prospective new Sellers such as mentorship, competitive analysis and marketplace analysis.
- Prepare and deliver business reviews of the business regarding its progress in expanding the applicable marketing network and the overall state of health for the China global selling business
- Create and articulate compelling value propositions around the Global Selling service to China Sellers.
- Develop a clear understanding of the Selling on Coupang products along with the features and functionalities.
- Support internal partners in driving change, removing roadblocks and increasing participation by local Sellers with respect to the Coupang Global Selling business.
- BA/BS degree required
- 5+ years of successful sales and/or business development experience, preferably in the e-Commerce, retail technology or software industries
- Demonstrated success in exceeding marketing/business development/sales targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Experience in marketing and pitching nascent products/services to new markets and customers
- Highly analytical with the ability to manipulate and analyze data
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and deal with ambiguity
- Relationship management and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience in Global e-commerce and/or Electronics, Beauty, Fashion, Home Goods industry
- Proven ability to influence others
- Ability to work with legal, product and internal business owners to reach mutually beneficial agreements
- Experience using analytical, marketing, and productivity tools including Business Intelligence, Tableau
- Salesforce or other CRM tools, Microsoft OneNote and Microsoft SharePoint
- Success managing large account portfolios
- Track record of successfully scaling business campaign