Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Technical writers provide support for Coupang engineers, product owners and managers, technical program managers, data scientists, as well as business partners, customers, and engineers outside, writing high-quality technical content of the Coupang engineering.
Generally, you research, learn, write, and develop based on partnership with others. You work with product managers to understand Coupang’s products and services. You learn the inner workings of Coupang’s engineering systems and platforms from engineers and data scientists. You listen to other people outside to do writing jobs with consideration of their needs.
If you have the engineering background and the writing background, you can try to become a technical writer at Coupang.
- Speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically as well as in Korean.
- Learn technologies quickly and explain them clearly, concisely, and concretely.
- Research technical content widely and analyze them deeply.
- Strong communication skills for collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 4 years of experience in technical writing and product documentation.
- Engineering background to read and understand code written in object-oriented programming languages.
- Writing background to develop, write, review, publish, and evaluate content based on guidelines and policies.
- Experience working as developer, engineer, or developer relations & advocate.
- Experience in book publication or online publishing such as blog and community.
- Experience managing knowledge management systems or solutions at an organization or a company-wide level such as Wiki and Notion.
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview - Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and maybe changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.