The Search and Discovery Platform team is responsible for creating platforms that serves the Coupang user requests from all the frontend pages including Search and Category. As the platform team responsible for serving millions of requests from users our mission is to build highly scalable and extensible platform that is also highly availability and robust.
As part of our technology team, you will help architect and implement our next generation serving platform. You will also help the team to bring industry best practices in software development. Additionally, as a senior leader you will help the team to improve their engineering skills to build pioneering e-commerce experience in new global markets.
- Establish a roadmap for the next 5 years for the core data serving for Coupang.
- Lead a team deliver an extensible and scalable serving platform to support our growing Customer base and selection
- Deliver the vision of Highly available Serving Platform.
- Build roadmap and vision for serving platform for Availability, Scalability and Extensibility.
- Build and manage a highly efficient and expert team for serving and managing the core data for Coupang.
- Drive the highest quality of architecture and design of data pipeline and system.
- Draw a roadmaps and vison for the scalable and robust growth of the serving platform.
- Collaborate with other search and discovery teams to make the platform open and extensible to unlock innumerable opportunities for innovations.
- Align with stakeholders and lead engineers on mission critical projects.
- Decompose complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability and availability of data pipelines.
- Leverage knowledge of internal and industry best practices in design.
- Establish data governance and security best practices.
- Deep-dive and handle critical system issues.
Who we are looking for!
- At least 9+ years of experience working on software design and development in Java, Scala, python.
- Someone who has proven track record of leading teams for delivering mission critical system.
- Strategic thinker and someone who is bar raiser for engineering excellence.
- Exceptional deep dive skills.
- Experience with cloud computing with AWS
- Large system architecture design and development experience
- Experience with Java / IntelliJ / Spring environment
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 3+ years for leading an engineering team handling large volume of data.
- Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available data pipelines
- Experience with Cassandra, Spark and Hbase
- Ability to work in multicultural, cross functional team
- Application Review → Phone Interview → Tech Interview → Leadership Principle Interview