Coupang Play, Coupang’s OTT service, was launched to provide our customers with a more enriched experience. With a wide range of global content backed by our strong product and engineering teams based out of Seoul, Shanghai, Mountain View, and Singapore — our vision is to build one of the most loved digital entertainment platforms.
Coupang Play delivers an entertainment experience that is personal, delightful, and reliable. We strive to create a world where our customers wonder, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” with our content, product, user experience, and technology.
If you have a passion to deliver a unique and meaningful entertainment destination, join us. We redefine entertainment with innovative technology.
Product Managers(also known as Product Owners) at Coupang are mini-CEOs with end-to-end ownership of a specific area. They are one of the most aggressive problem solvers.
What You Will Do
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers' pain points and become their champion
- Define and drive the vision, strategy, and success criteria for your problem space
- Influence other product owners to execute our vision from strategic planning to implementation
- Manage your team’s priorities, considering trade-offs and optimizing for customer experience
- Dive deep and maintain the technical understanding needed to actively contribute to engineering and product decision-making
- Work closely with engineering and UX teams to deliver high-quality solutions
- Drive alignment with a variety of stakeholders including executives, business leaders, operations and infrastructure teams
- Contribute to growing the team’s overall product skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in product management, including developing, delivering and executing on a strong product vision
- Analytical thinker who works well in a global, fast-paced, data-driven, cross-functional, and highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture
- Bias for action and willingness to get your hands dirty to get the job done
- Sound business judgment and proven ability to effectively communicate and influence others
- Ability to think strategically and stay on top of tactical execution
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- OTT service experience
- Experience in launching consumer facing mobile products
- Experience working with multiple teams across different geographies
- Experience with distributed systems, big data, and machine learning
- Experience with NLP, information retrieval, and computer vision
- Startup experience
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- https://rocketyourcareer.kr.coupang.com/privacy-policy (Korea)
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.