Head of Global Cross-Border SCM
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
We are currently looking to hire a senior ecommerce executive to lead our Global SCM. As a buildup, we prefer to operate according to a set of leadership principles rather than job descriptions, so that we can empower individuals and allow them to push past boundaries. You will be responsible for designing, building, and continuous improvement of the Global Cross Border Supply Chain organization. This includes driving business strategy, overseeing budgets, planning for future growth, business development, and leading diverse business teams.
You will collaborate and thrive in a dynamic environment, demonstrate and foster innovative thinking, use and learn the latest tools and technology to analyze data and insights at scale, and above all else think every day about how to best meet the needs of our customers.
You will be responsible for designing, building, and continuously improving our sourcing and cross border fulfillment operations.
You will have all the necessary resources available to create the most scalable and efficient operation that is capable of wow’ing our customers by driving wide assortment of selection, building the lowest total cost supply chain, and executing the fastest delivery available in the market.
You must be a self-starter with vast experience in operating at scale cross-border operations that include end-2-end supply chain experience from sourcing to warehousing to logistics. You should have demonstrated ability to drive process engineering within a high-volume customer focused environment.
This role will require you on daily basis to embody a strong business acumen combined with an operational excellence mindset.
What You Will Do
- Design, implement and execute new complex cross border logistics programs. Engineer processes to simplify existing cross border logistics networks and last mile delivery to deliver results while hating waste.
- Hire and develop the team and cultivate future leaders who can launch, develop, and run cross border supply chain networks
- Manage, design and implement logistics projects, new initiatives, and coordinate with cross functional teams to support these projects. Full management responsibility for ensuring game changing major projects are delivered and executed successfully in terms of budget, quality and time measures.
- Conduct regular quantitative and qualitative business-case analysis to improve operation processes, ensuring that our logistics operations are fully equipped to support reaching the goals.
- Build new and leverage existing relationships to negotiate with fulfillment and operational service providers partners.
- Is a Senior Leadership team member that helps define and provide forward looking strategic vision for the business.
- Proven industry leader with a successful and hands-on track record of running a complex supply chain combined with strong P&L and cost management experience
- Strong retail, eCommerce background with ability to drive change
- Able to balance strategy with strong operational skills - able to understand, deconstruct, streamline and optimize complex, large-scale business processes
- Experience building high performing diverse teams
- Superb analytical skills and ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders
- You will be agile, able to quickly adapt strategies and plans to come up with innovative solutions in response to dynamic business requirements.
- Decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- You will be comfortable driving change across different functional teams from finance to operations to software development, as well as communicating and influencing across all levels of the organization.
- A passionate self-starter, ready to take Coupang to the next level
- Fluent in English and Korean; Additionally Mandarin preferred
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.