Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Platform Services (PS) team develops and supports Coupang company-wide messaging infrastructure. PS team constructs, monitors and manages blaze-fast and consistent messaging pipelines. The team provides company-wide and generic messaging solutions with super high scalability, reliability and availability to unleash the productivity of Customer teams. It has significant scope, impact and responsibility in shaping the future of messaging platform at Coupang. PS team is a friendly, synergistic, passionate and sharp team.
The team is looking for a Senior Principal Engineer and Architect to join in Seoul.
As our Senior Principal Engineer for Platform Services Team, you will be responsible for :
- Architect and build Coupang's Messaging Services platform and mentor junior team members.
- Write durable code with the ability to process tera-bytes and peta-bytes each day.
- Keep improving our platform stability, performance and achieving 99.99% availability with smooth operations.
- Work closely with Coupang internal and external Customers and Wow them with our cutting-edging products.
- One who graduated from a 4-year college with Major in Computer Science or related discipline
- One who has at least 10 years of experience in developing messaging related software and service in a highly scalable environment
- One who can write durable code to process very large data sets (Peta Bytes)
- One who has 5+ years of experience in designing and architecting large scale software infrastructure.
- One who has deep experience in AWS Cloud Software Development
- One who is capable of or is fluent in both Korean and English communication
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
- This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
- If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
- Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.