Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door. Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year. We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
People analytics & Insights team is looking for someone who is good at logical & critical thinking and has strong desire to learn with interests in people. This person will act as a problem solver who uses data with other forms of evidence to enable effective decision making. This person should be able to use analytical consulting methods to address challenges and shape solutions with his/her structured, methodical approach, employing both qualitative and quantitative methods to address organizational issues. This person will build fundamental HR metrics, analysis them and provide insights to key stakeholders, enabling them to make better decisions on people based on data.
What You Will Do
- Collect and analyze available HR related data to inform to stakeholders by highlighting challenges and progress of HR system and programs through HR employee cycle.
- Review and improve the people-data reporting provision across the business, delivering proactive information to HR and business stakeholders
- Provide data visualization and narratives to explain complex models and organizational analytics to senior management, function leaders, and other stakeholders
- Supports the Team Lead for key/ad-hoc projects and ensures effective management of any issues arising
- Challenges the status quo and seeks continuous improvement for all HR processes/data
- Synthesizes people-related data analysis across the teams in People organization and provides actionable insights/solutions for;
- Onboarding, offboarding process
- Headcount analysis
- Time and absence, overtime working hours management
- Information security management
- Data integration and migration
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of total experience in HR analytics or HR Planning/Operations
- Ability to solve problems through creative thinking and partnerships with other teams
- Ability to solve unstructured HR data related issues
- Ability to lead multiple HR projects across the teams
- Experience in internal process improvement project management
- Experience in dealing with massive HR data pursuing data accuracy
- Detail-oriented and performance/results driven
- Team Player with customer-centric mentality
- Experience and desire to work in a fast-paced high demand environment
- Basic knowledge of HR systems, preferably Workday
- Experience of using BI tools, preferably Power BI or Tableau
- Effective communication skills in Korean and English
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.