Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door. Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year. We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
We are looking for a high-performing business analysis and analytics leader to join our team in Seoul. We are a team of creative problem solvers with a passion to deliver innovative business solutions. The team leverages big data to empower business decisions and deliver insights, metrics and analytics solutions in order to drive customer engagement, retention and business growth. As Head of Analytics & Data Science at Coupang Eats, you will be responsible for design, implementation and oversight of Health of Product(s) metrics to enhance our knowledge about our customers and recommend growth strategy through actionable insights and product roadmap development. The selected candidate must be hands on with big data and will be responsible for building and managing team from scratch that would focus on predictive analytics development using machine learning/artificial intelligence/statistical models.
With its innovative technology and operational know-how, Coupang is transforming the entire customer experience. We are obsessed about improving every step of the user experience, from the moment customers sign up for a new Coupang account in our mobile app or website to finding the product they’re looking for, making the purchase, and picking up the delivery items at their front door.
What You Will Do
- Hire, lead, and mentor a global team of product data analysts.
- Relentlessly identify new ideas and data sources to surface and solve difficult Customer Experience (CX) problems.
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, program managers, engineers, and business stakeholders to develop Health of Product(s) metrics management framework.
- Systematically surface customer problems and insights that will help us create the best Customer experience.
- Communicate findings to senior leaders and evangelize data-driven business decisions.
- Provide thought leadership and be the subject matter expert on Eats Product Analytics.
- Distill the vision and strategy for the team(s) to generate enthusiasm.
- Minimum 8+ years of analytics and relevant leadership experience.
- Ability to excel as both a team lead and individual contributor.
- Strong critical thinking and detail-oriented with an aptitude for solving unstructured problems.
- Has experience translating data and insights into concrete and actionable recommendations.
- Has experience working directly with stakeholders, communicating complex results in a clear and concise manner.
- Has experience with SQL, Python, and R/SAS or any statistical package.
- Has bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience.
- BS degree in Statistics, Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in advanced data science, machine learning, predictive analytics projects.
- Experience in E-commerce.
- Fluent in English and Korean skill (verbal and written) is a plus but not required.
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.