Senior UX Designer
About Coupang Play
Coupang Play is here to redefine entertainment and make our customers wonder, "How did we ever live without Coupang?" With a wide range of international content backed by our strong product and engineering teams based out of Seoul, Mountain View, and Singapore — our vision is to build one of the most loved digital entertainment platforms.
As a UX Designer at Coupang Play, you are expected to own the entire design from strategy to final execution. A strong ability to turn complex problems into simple, elegant UX solutions is key to success at Coupang. You are also expected to make data-informed decisions to drive business impact and think systematically to consider all aspects of user experience. Above all, your design should be supported by clear rational and logic.
- Manage design libraries and design systems with adherence to product branding requirements
- Oversee the development and delivery of effective user interfaces
- Drive end to end design process, from distilling insights, creating user journeys, wireframing to UI design. Thereafter working directly with engineers to ensure designs are well implemented
- Collaborate with Product Owner to build an overall strategy and prioritization of product roadmap
- Work with analytics team to assess the impact of all design and usability changes
Required Qualifications and Capabilities:
- BA in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Computer Science, Psychology, or equivalent degree/experience
- A portfolio demonstrating your work in at least 1 product/ design that has been released to market. Portfolio should display understanding of target users, design process and visual design skills
- Ability to skillfully use design tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, or Adobe Creative Suite.
- 5+ years of experience in product design
- Understanding and experience of designing for user touchpoints (mobile, tablet, web, or TV)
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a rapid growth environment
- Experience in planning and conducting user research to generate insights that guide design
- Ability to identify and track data points and reflecting insights in ongoing design iterations
- Knowledge on the e-commerce or video streaming industry enabling multi-dimensional understanding on its customers, sellers, and businesses
- Commitment at work and leadership