Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
- The Growth Analytics team uses sophisticated methodologies and deep dive skills to accomplish tasks which directly contribute to Coupang’s overall growth.
- Growth Analytics uses a tremendous amount of data to develop insights and create productionized systems that materially impact Coupang and Coupang’s marketing.
- Growth Analytics closely partners with marketing, engineering, product management, and high-level company strategy to help the company use data to drive strategy as well as to consistently increase the quality of our operations
- Work with a team of high-performing analytics, data science professionals, and cross-functional teams to identify business opportunities, optimize product performance or marketing efforts.
- Take ownership of a significant part of Coupang’s marketing analytics need, and work with stakeholders and business leaders to enable its growth
- Ability to dive deep into marketing, product, and traffic data at extreme granularity to identify new ways to scale Coupang’s marketing
- Work with senior leaders, marketing operators, engineers, and other business leaders to drive Coupang’s growth through marketing
- Analyze large-scale structured and unstructured data; develop deep-dive analyses and machine learning models to drive customer engagement and retention.
- Design and analyze experiments to test new product ideas or marketing strategies. Convert the results into actionable recommendations.
- Communicate findings to senior leaders and evangelize data-driven business decisions
- Experience handling large-scale, complex projects and initiatives that can materially impact a business
- Deep understanding of marketing across electronic devices
- 4+ years of experience with large-scale data analysis
- Knowledge of analytics tools including Redshift and Hive/Hadoop
- Must have expert SQL/HQL knowledge (3+ years using experiences in SQL/HQL at work)
- Knowledge of intermediate statistics
- Hands-on experience in Tableau, from data origination to productionized dashboards
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Retail / e-commerce / marketing / technology
- English proficiency (Korean is mandatory)
- Master’s degree in related field
- Business-level experience with R, Python, or Scala
- Familiarity with Git, Airflow, or other automation tools
- Experience owning the analytics and performance of a large business unit
* Please submit your English resume.
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.