Coupang is striving to build the future of commerce. Our mission is to create a world where customers wonder, ‘How did I ever live without Coupang?’ We place our customers first and offer them the best possible prices and product selection within a highly convenient and personalized shopping environment. We are continually looking for passionate builders who can work with us to fulfill our goals. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Games Changers” by Forbes. Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley, and Singapore.
We are currently looking to hire a senior ecommerce executive to join our retail leadership team. As a buildup, we prefer to operate according to a set of leadership principles rather than job descriptions itself, so that we can empower individuals and allow them to push past boundaries. Driving business strategy, overseeing budgets, planning for future growth and product development, and leading diverse business teams.
This leader will collaborate and thrive in a dynamic environment, demonstrate and foster innovative thinking, use and learn the latest tools and technology to analyze data and insights at scale, and above all else think every day about how to best meet the needs of our customers.
This leader will focus on developing relationships with various brands and suppliers to grow Coupang product offerings for its customers.
What You Will Do
- Build new relationship and leverage existing relationship to negotiate with global and local brands and onboard them on Coupang
- Provide strategic vision for the business; help to cultivate strategic relationships with key partners, both internal and external
- Set the parameters and provide guidance on all key aspects of the business including sales, marketing and inventory management. Driving systematic improvements as well as championing new opportunities to grow the business and wow the customers.
- Hire and develop the team and cultivate future leaders who can launch, develop, and run new businesses
- Think outside of the box to solve complex problems and use trends and competitive analysis to define and implement long term business strategies.
- Proven industry leader with a successful and hands-on rack record of running a complex business end-to-end combined with strong P&L management experience
- Strong retail, eCommerce background with ability to drive change
- Demonstrable ability to build lasting relationships and conduct negotiations with leading global and local brands to obtain preferable terms and win-win solutions
- Able to balance strategy with strong operational skills - able to understand, deconstruct, streamline and optimize complex, large-scale business processes
- Experience of recruiting, managing and developing a team(s), both direct and indirect reports
- Superb analytical skills and ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- A passionate self-starter, ready to take Coupang to the next level
- Broad commercial awareness developed in a high-growth, fast-moving eCommerce / retail environment
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang in accordance with the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.