Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
As Principal Economist for the Coupang Media Group, you will be responsible for overall ad marketplace health and design for our advertising business.
What You Will Do :
- Work with Product Managers, Business Owners, Engineering and other teams on product yield opportunities and assess potential impact.
- Own the development of economic models and manage the data analysis, modeling, and experimentation necessary to validate.
- Participate in product execution on an iterative basis for implementation and verification of the impact of the model
- Understand impact of product offerings on adserver behavior and how advertiser behavior impacts the ads marketplace
- Determine best approaches for marketplace design weighing advertiser impact, customer experience, and monetization.
- MS in Economics or highly related field (Marketing, Finance)
- 5+ years of experience in industry, consulting, government, or academic research
- Experience in applied economic analysis and with big data and machine learning or data science
- PhD in Economics or highly related field (Marketing, Finance)
- Deep understanding of digital advertising in an ecommerce environment
- Strong research track record and demonstrated ability to drive results
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Exhibits business judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.