Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
The Business Analytics team brings this data together to generate actionable insights, answer complex business questions, and help us deepen our understanding of Customers.
As a Principal Business Analyst on the team, you will focus on Coupang mobile app performance and optimization, including conversion tracking by applying various KPI’s, along with analyzing the success of A/B and multivariate testing initiatives.
What you will do
- Hypothesis Validations – Generate test hypotheses and clearly validate opportunities/recommend actions that can have positive improvements in customer experience and business KPI’s
- Test Analysis – Drive proper A/B analysis with statistical rigor and perform cohort studies to answer “why?” on test result drivers. Ideate more complex tests from an analytical and insightful reporting perspective
- Tell a Concise Story – At completion of Tests, build timely, compelling, fact-based test recaps that strongly communicate the business ‘story’ behind the data and test outcomes
- Communicate Results – Identify successes, failures, trends, and effectively communicate these findings to the organization. If test results are positive – analyze KPI improvements in pre/post A/B test roll-outs; if results are negative – perform driver analysis to recommend next iteration of that test
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantitative field (Statistics, Engineering, Business), or equivalent experience
- 8-10+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with SQL, Python, and R/SAS or any statistical package
- Experience working with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, and Presto
- Strong critical thinking and detail-oriented with an aptitude for solving unstructured problems.
- Master's degree in Quantitative field (Statistics, Engineering, Business),
- Experience in e-commerce product analytics
- Fluent in English and Korean (verbal and written)
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.