Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year. We are doing this for millions of consumers daily in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Seoul, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Los Angeles, Shanghai and Beijing.
As our Senior Principal Machine Learning Engineer for Fulfilment & Transportation Systems, you will be responsible for developing the next-generation of AI-enabled software to power our Rocket Delivery.
As we continue to scale and innovate, you will be working on the most complex problems across our fulfilment and logistics network, applying the latest algorithmic developments in Machine Learning (including Deep Learning and Neural Networks) to help us build predictive systems/dashboards and drive further optimization across the network (e.g. selection, packing, workforce optimization, loading, routing, etc.). To do achieve this, you will work closely with our engineering, data science and product management teams to establish the technical standards and drive the overall technical architecture and engineering practices.
Coaching a distributed team of engineers, you will research problems and set the vision to build high quality, architecturally sound systems, ensuring that the software is evolving in the right long-term direction while bringing value to customers iteratively, in order to drive efficiency of our operation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drive the evolution of our Machine Learning platform at scale;
- Build large-scale Machine Learning models and systems to identify improvements and efficiency gains across all Fulfillment and Transportation operations;
- Effectively lead projects across teams and mentor junior developers;
- Work with engineering and product teams to design and implement new internal tools and features that provide meaningful improvement and ROI.
Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years of software engineering experience with a strong track record in the implementation of artificial intelligence models and systems.
- Deep expertise in Machine Learning and/or Deep Learning/Neural Networks, and statistical modeling.
- Excellent communicator, both to technical and business audiences.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Self -starter and innovator who likes to solve complex problems.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in business and technology.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural, cross functional team.
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, science or equivalent.
- MSc or PhD in Operations Research, Machine Learning or related subfield of Artificial Intelligence.