Global Operations (GO) is the department in Coupang that powers our Rocket Delivery. It encompasses Order Fulfillment, Inventory, and Logistics to ensure a fast and high-quality delivery service to customers. The GO Data Science team builds machine learning and optimization models/algorithms and manages end-to-end data science solutions to solve business problems with complex rules and conflicting objectives, such as labor planning, task scheduling, fulfillment center picking/stowing optimization, operational anomaly detection and transportation routing.
As our Senior Principal Engineer GO-Tech Data Science, you will be responsible for developing the platform infrastructure to enable our next-generation of AI-enabled software to power our Rocket Delivery.
- Lead the design and build of a platform that facilitates training data science algorithms and machine learning models at scale
- Collaborate with data scientists, product owners and software engineers to address fulfillment center business needs, improve logistics processes, help cut operation cost, and optimize customer experiences.
- Own the development of services enabling the automation of data science pipelines from data access to model deployment into production.
- Work together with domain engineering teams when integrating analytical models built by the team into domain applications.
- Drive the team’s technical direction and strategy while shaping long-term vision and architecture.
- Effectively lead projects across teams and mentor junior developers
- Masters degree in Computer Science or another equivalent discipline.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in software development including design, infrastructure and application development, debugging and support with a focus on backend engineering.
- 5+ years of experience building and managing infrastructure for data science teams.
- 3+ years of experience developing Docker-based systems using Kubernetes or equivalent technology.
- Expert knowledge of one of the following programming languages: Java, C and C++ and required tools to develop, debug and optimize code.
- Expert knowledge of distributed data computing tools such as Hive, Spark and Kafka.
- Advanced knowledge of relational database systems.
- Experience optimizing resource intensive algorithms for performance in production.
- Experience working in an agile scrum/development process.
- Good written English communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of cloud technology solutions on either AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.
- Knowledge of data science and machine learning fundamentals.
- Knowledge of fulfillment center operations, logistics or supply chain management.
- Very good communication skills in English, written and verbal.