As a Software Engineer working at Observability Engineering team, you will be working with large scale infrastructure handling billions of metrics and logs in Terabytes per day, and leverage this data to help internal teams to monitor site reliability and prevent incidents. You have the opportunity to build the next generation Monitoring Platform based on Kubernetes, Prometheus, and other OSS solutions, while being able to help internal customers and see your impact directly.
- Architect and drive the build out of Coupang's new metrics and logging infrastructure
- Build next generation Monitoring Platform on k8s and AWS for company-wide teams to improve observability and site reliability
- Operate and develop new features on existing metrics and logging services for company-wide customers
- Work with internal teams directly and help them effectively leverage our monitoring infrastructure
- Write reliable and reusable code with the ability to scale with very large data volumes
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience in architecting, building and maintaining large-scale service infrastructures
- Experience in Java, distributed systems, micro services
- Knowledge in metrics collection/visualization, log collection/aggregation, tracing, etc.
- Strong AWS Cloud Background on both development and operation
- A strong team player; Ability to quickly triage and troubleshoot complex problems
- Building and deploying Kubernetes, K8S or similar technology on AWS
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- Experiences with various metrics, logging, tracing, and APM tools
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located HERE.
- Document Return Policy (Korea ONLY)
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.
- Equal Opportunity Employer (US ONLY)
- Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.