Coupang is the largest e-commerce company in Korea, delivering millions of items, including fresh groceries, within hours to millions of people, 365 days a year. Our mission is to create a world in which customers wonder, ‘How did I ever live without Coupang?’ Korea is one of the fastest growing e-commerce markets in the world, and Coupang is a leader in this fast-growing industry. Powered by innovative technology and operations, we have set out to transform the customer experience journey–from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how customers search and discover on a truly mobile platform. We have invested heavily in infrastructure and technology, building an integrated system that we control from end to end. This enables us to improve as we grow, build new services, and break the tradeoffs between price, selection, and quality that consumers are too often forced to take for granted.
We have been named as one of the ‘50 Smartest Companies in the World’ by MIT Technology Review, and as one of Forbes magazine’s ‘30 Global Game Changers.’ In 2020, we placed second on CNBC’s ‘Disruptor 50’ list.
Who We Are
Coupang Eats is a new service by Coupang where we deliver quality food and beverages from restaurants and cafes to your door. We build the Customer app, Store app, Courier app, websites for Stores and operations center. We struggle to provide a fast and seamless delivery Customer experience for all three parties involved. As part of product engineering organization, we
- Owns end to end Eats service
- Build this ecosystem with exciting tech stacks.
- Cloud Native (AWS), MSA, Spring boot, WebFlux, Reactive JS, Vue JS, CSS3, HTML5, JPA, Elastic stack, Docker, Kafka, Redis, MySQL, Cassandra, native mobile development.
- Obsesses over site reliability to guarantee an effortless shopping experience
- Is truly global, with teams located at Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing and Bay area
- Our vision is to build a trusted eCommerce platform by obsessing over reliable and effortless shopping experience, through a highly productive engineering team
- Masters or PhDs in Statistics, Operations Research, CS or a quantitative discipline.
- 3+ years of work experience in application of machine learning/deep learning techniques to solve practical business problems. 5+ years of professional experience in such areas is preferred.
- Programming experience using Python/R to manipulate data, develop algorithms/models, and draw insights from large data sets.
- Proficiency with
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn new techniques and meet deadlines in a fast-moving environment.
- Good communication skills in English, written and verbal; ability to present data and its implications in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge and experience with distributed data computing tools, such as Hive, Spark
- Knowledge and experience with Java
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, PowerBI, etc