Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
Team & Role overview
This role would be part of SCM Autonomation team in Coupang. SCM Autonomation team is responsible for building products, deep data science capabilities, analytical frameworks and owning processes end to end to provide world class solutions to our customers in term of products availability (measured as Instock) on platform and at the same time solving it at right cost to business (measured as Scrap and/or Inventory turn). This role will involve building products for Fresh-Grocery, fastest growing category in eCommerce across world, involving low shelf-life SKUs which bring another level of complexity all together.
Location Seoul, South Korea
What you will do
- Defining product vision, roadmap for Inventory planning stack (related but not limited areas - Forecasting, Replenishment, Capacity orchestration, Selection mgmt., Inventory optimization in multi-echelon supply network, Policy Engine, Vendor Supply design)
- Building SCM Autonomation products for Fresh (grocery, low shelflife SKUs) and building features for evolving use cases for a very large scale and very fast-growing supply chain
- Establishing product features prioritization approach and ruthlessly prioritizing multiple projects
- Defining product success metrics, building hypothesis, designing & conducting POC before building features for scale
- Benchmark current products & SCM processes with best in class externally and bring step function change
- Defining programs involving product features across functions, collaborating and owning end to end launch
- Improve Data quality / visibility / transparency
- Collaborating with other product owners across functions to deliver seamless experience to end customers
What are the 4 things we need this person MUST do/have?
- Product management experience, especially highly analytical driven products building from scratch
- Ability to communicate and partner effectively across teams to launch complex initiatives
- Very good SCM domain understanding
- Ability to prioritize ruthlessly and manage multiple projects running in parallel
- Minimum Bachelor's degree
- 8-12 years of experience in Product management / Program management in SCM domain, launching high impact features / programs in Inventory / Supply / Demand management areas
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent analytical thinker and excellent skills in Excel / SQL
- Experience in e-commerce, startup companies, retail/FMCG companies
- Master’s degree in supply chain management or MBA – Master’s in business administration or equivalent
- Experience in Supply chain / Inventory Planning / Demand & Supply Planning domains
- Exposure to R / Python
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.