Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Coupang is looking for a dynamic and strategically minded HR Director who thrives in a fast-paced environment. As a site HR Director, this individual will have a proven track record of success in partnering with leadership teams with business leaders to develop and facilitate business people strategies; support business goals and initiatives by ensuring relevant people capabilities and organizational effectiveness based on business understanding as well as drive results in a way that is consistent with Coupang’s leadership.
Reporting to the Head of HR (US) the HR Director will set the vision, direction, and culture of the team. They will build, direct and guide the HR team in areas of recruitment, workforce planning, training and development, employee relations, safety labor compliance, worker's comp, compensation benefits administration and performance management.
What You Will Do
- Partner closely with the on-site leadership team to optimize workforce management and HR planning
- Gain a thorough understanding of Coupang’s business and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to affect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity
- Build, lead and develop a high-performance HR team to scale as the company grow
- Establish SLA’s, monitoring real-time service levels and schedule adherence, and holding their teams accountable to meet and exceed performance target.
- Deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a high-volume workload supporting HR functions and operations leadership
- Use strong project management skills to lead projects, influence and obtain buy-in from key stakeholders, and then drive execution and achievement
- Work with operational leaders to establish and develop appropriate HR policies, procedures, best practices and HR programs that foster a healthy and productive work environment
- Support operational efforts through proper staffing and training of associates by conducting needs analysis, implementing employee training and best in-class HR practices that mitigate risks associated to employment practices
- Proactively manage all employee relations and provide expert level advice and direction to managers on all employee related matters compliant with Federal and State labor laws
- Guide, oversee, and resolve complex employee relations issues
- Work closely with leadership and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion efforts to educate and promote awareness, and ensure an inclusive work environment
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources Management or Business related field; Masters degree and/or SPHR, PHR a plus
- 10+ years of progressive human resources experience with increasing level of responsibility within a high-growth environment
- Strong functional expertise across all general areas of HR, including Organizational Design and/or Change Management, Workforce Planning, Diversity and Inclusion, Talent and Performance Management, Employee Relations, and Employment Law
- Ability to motivate, mentor a team, set the vision, drive the agenda, empower the team and review work product to deliver a high-volume of high-quality work that exceeds expectations
- Demonstrated success in collaborating, building and executing with others for success in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with aggressive growth goalsPrior experience supporting large hourly employee client groups 500+ (e.g., distribution, manufacturing, or service industry environments) preferred
- Excellent writer, presenter and communicator with ability to provide expert level advice and coaching to management
- Experience with HRIS database management, reporting, analysis, audits, compensation market data systems, engagement, and performance management systems
- Self-starter who can work independently in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activitiesExcellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Labor / union negotiations experience, preferred
- Spanish proficiency a plus
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.