Senior Principal, Procurement Strategic Programs
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door. Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year. We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Within the Global Procurement Organization, the Sr. Principle Procurement, Strategic Programs position reports to the Head of Global Procurement and is responsible for the planning, coordination, and execution of strategic programs and activities globally. The position organizes and prioritizes critical issues and required information for the executive to facilitate efficient decision making.
In addition to the specific applied program management responsibilities, this position is expected to contribute to the maturity of the overall function. This includes creating and refining processes, tools and templates that can be applied to across all projects and categories worldwide.
The main responsibilities for the role would be the following:
What You Will Do
- Support Head of Global Procurement with building and developing efficient operations mechanisms to ensure the effective management of functions globally to generate savings and procurement value capture.
- Support the Head of Procurement by driving effective decision making, based on sound operational business insight and analysis
- Assist Head of Global Procurement with strategic planning
- Propose / lead / support and secure process optimizations:
- Internal within Global Procurement
- Link to other functions in the company
- External with suppliers / partners
- Develop and execute the cadence of strategic meetings and review processes to manage the business and ensure delivery of company objectives
- Oversee the agenda and process for management meetings.
- Drive effective program management mechanisms to ensure that all large Procurement projects are delivered on time and to budget
- Develop and lead metric governance including the establishment of best practices and templates
- Partner and collaborate
- Lead some strategic projects
- Master’s degree required
- 10+ years in Procurement, Operations Strategy, or Supply Chain Management
- Significant experience in leading supply chain best practices such as planning, procurement, manufacturing, quality, delivery etc.
- Ability to take a Helicopter view — understands where things fit into the bigger picture
- Ability to influence without authority
- Outstanding communication skills
- Demonstrates strong business acumen coupled with deep analytical capability
- Effective project management skills – ability to organize and structure work effectively and ensure other deliver on their commitments
- Credibility and confidence to deliver strong guidance and messaging to both peers and leaders across the globe
- International orientation – a seasoned leader with experience working/living in different countries.
- Proven track record of driving action across multiple sites and time zones
- Strong partnership/relationship orientation – with all layers in the organization
- Politically savvy, time management, trustworthy, simplified, courageous
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) required; 2nd language preferred
- MS 365 proficiency with strong skill sets in Excel, Power BI; digital and change agent
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview – Case Study - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.