Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door. Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year. We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
As our Principal Data Analyst for Pricing and Ecommerce Platform, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of regular reports and metric as well as helping with system wide decision-making algorithms. Coupang embraces a data driven culture enabled by high velocity test and learn across all customer facing domains. You will have opportunities to work closely with many different areas including, Pricing, Retail Commerce, 3P Commerce, and Promotions. You will join a team of data scientists and analysts dedicated to building reports and system support algorithms, serving all of these areas and the associated users including product owners, engineers and business analysts. You will have a chance to own, lead, track, and deliver features or projects from start to finish and will experience working with stakeholders and developers in order to have the projects delivered on time with the highest quality.
What You Will Do:
- Develop business operations related decision-making systems to improve the efficiency of business operations
- Analyze domain data to provide insights and help develop key metrics
- Explain reports, algorithm details, and results to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Prioritize the metric development requests and lead the junior BAs to support key business initiatives in the company
- Keep the developed reports and systems up-to-date, including learning and deploying new technologies, both in methodology and in technical / software
- Document project deliverables and decisions made as well as final results
- Work with stakeholders to identify project requirements, translate them into tasks, and lead teams to have tasks completed on time with high quality
- Train and mentor junior team members
- Master Degree in math, statistics, other technical or business fields
- 5+ Job years experience in data science, business analytics and other quantitative fields
- Excellent skills in SQL
- Proficient in English (nice to have as well)
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Good understanding of statistical analysis and algorithm design
- Experience to initiate and drive analytics projects and deliver actionable insights and recommendations to business
- Experience working with stakeholders in requirement identification and final delivery for features and analytical projects
- Experience with creating Tableau (main tool for visualization), Grafana, or similar GUI based reports
- Relevant working experience in retail/e-commerce business
- Experience with data analytics tools such as relevant Python libraries, Spark, R as well as engineering tools such as GitHub and Airflow (very good to have – Python, Spark, R)
- Experience with documentation and project management tools (Wiki, Jira, Gannt charts, and similar) as well as final result presentation (such as Powerpoint)
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.