Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
About The Role
Retail Systems team at Coupang is looking for a “Sr. Software Development Engineer - Front End” to be part of the Retail Systems team building Coupang's next generation tools and technology to meet the future expansion. You will be working with a group of talented engineering and UX team in a global organization set up out of our Seattle office. You will collaborate with customers, UX and product managers to build easy to use, flexible and reusable UI frameworks and tools.
- 4+ years of web development experience .
- 2+ years HTML CSS/SCSS, Bootstrap, HTML5 experience.
- 1+ years experience with responsive design concepts/practices
- Strong understanding with RESTful JSON API design and integration
- Experience with agile software development methodology and continuous delivery models
- Experience with Design Patterns, Test Driven Development (TDD) and performance engineering
- Experience with UX design
- Experience with team building and mentoring
- Experience and fluency in MVC frameworks
- Experience with architecting and coding for cloud-based applications (e.g., AWS, Azure etc.)
- 6+ months React experience
Bonus Points For
- Exposure in dynamic startup or startup like environments preferred
- Experience in Cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure
- Major bonus points for experience at e-commerce or SaaS companies!
- Ability to think outside-the-box and challenge conventional wisdoms
- Experience with handling large data volumes in a Java server environment – ideally with both backend processing and web tier data management
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 15 days PTO + 15 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours