Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Coupang is looking for a smart, customer obsessed, driven, and creative candidate to help us build and drive key categories. The Associate Vendor Manager will be responsible for working closely with top suppliers in the industry and supporting Vendor Managers in all aspects of the business. Associate Vendor Manager responsibilities include 1) project managements; 2) vendor onboarding; 3) conducting strategic business analysis 4) operational improvement 5) driving the top and bottom line of the overall P&L while working closely with the Retail, Supply Chain and various other Cross-functional teams. This position offers you the opportunity to work at one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet, and learn the functions of buying, inventory management, site merchandising and marketing.
What You Will Do
- Manage new and existing vendor relationships including day-to-day relationships
- Conduct ongoing business analysis in support of selection expansion, profitability improvement, sales growth and more.
- Negotiating for best costs and promotional funding
- Ideate, execute and analyze onboarding and launch plans for new brands that increase product discoverability and lead to customer conversion.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
- Drive P&L improvements for his or her respective vendors, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact the business. This entails owning forecasting, monitoring, and reporting on suppliers, along with responsibility for driving strategic projects to achieve business objectives.
This candidate must be able to work in a highly demanding but collegial environment where teamwork is a must. The right candidate will be flexible, action and results oriented, and self-starting, but willing to take direction as needed. They must also be decisive and able to move with speed to implement their ideas with the support of their management.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ years of experience in buying, product management, vendor management, retail, e-commerce
- Proficiency with Excel and extracting data through varied reporting tools in order to drive and influence business decisions
- Ability to prioritize work in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with ambiguous problems.
- Bilingual in Korean
- Recent experience with creating Tableau reports
- Relevant experience in retail, operations or e-commerce.
- Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
- Strong communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding as well as gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin (including language use restrictions), age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.