Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
As our Principal Business Analysis for Search and Discovery Product, you will be responsible for operational reporting and insights to make our consumer experience world-class. Millions of Customers shop in Coupang, generating billions of data points. The Business Analytics team brings this data together to generate actionable insights, answer complex business questions, and help us deepen our understanding of Customers.
- Proposing and generating new Customer experience metrics and insights that will help us create the best shopping experience
- Collaborating with product owners, designers, program managers, engineers, and business stakeholders to make data-driven decisions
- Creating and managing weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reporting, working across multiple teams to identify and present high-level insights to key stakeholders and executives
- Providing thought leadership and be the subject matter expert on Customer analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience
- Has experience with SQL, Excel, Python, and R/SAS or any statistical package
- Has experience that working with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, and Presto
- Has experience translating data and insights into concrete and actionable recommendations
- Has ability to write and communicate complex analysis in a clear and concise way
- Self-starter who takes ownership and has the ability to think and react quickly in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking and detail-oriented with an aptitude for solving unstructured problems
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Engineering, Business, or equivalent experience
- Has experience in E-commerce product analytics
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview - Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and maybe changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.