Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
Director, Global Supply Chain Security and Food Defense
We are seeking a motivated Director to lead our Global Supply Chain Security and Food Defense organization. This role is based out of Seoul, Korea and reporting into the Physical Security Organization. In this highly influential role, you will apply your critical thinking to own the effective implementation of security strategy and programs for Coupang's global supply chain. You will closely partner with leadership teams throughout the organization to ensure a safe, secure, and efficient working environment.
- This position is responsible for developing a business wide end to end supply chain security program, setting the strategic direction, and driving implementation in close co-operation with the Fulfillment Centers leadership team, Physical Security team, Environmental, Health and Safety team, as well as the Logistics team to strengthen the overall Supply Chain Security and Food Defense program.
- Develop, promote and direct the strategic and operational global objectives for Supply Chain Security
- Effectively coordinate and assist internal and external partners and cross functional teams to implement effective Supply Chain Security programs to detect, prevent and resolve supply chain threats and losses
- Design and coordinate global supply chain security training, and awareness with all internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain a network of knowledgeable and influential persons in government, law enforcement, security, intelligence, and internal functions to serve as resources, collaborators and partners.
- Remain current with security industry practices (including C-TPAT, AEO, TAPA etc), trends and technologies. Identify innovative supply chain security trends and technologies that might be leveraged to protect and improve supply chain security operations
- Actively engage in the development of Business Resilience structure in Coupang to ensure Supply Chain Security disruptions are integrated as part of the Business Resiliency program.
Key competencies of this position include:
- We are looking for a supply chain security expert, with 10+ years working experience in Supply Chain Management role, at a senior level with proven track record delivering business results.
- You have a relevant education or professional working experience in the area of Supply Chain Management or alternatively risk management, security Management but all focused on the supply chain.
- You have effective English communication and stakeholder management skills. In-depth experience from Logistics & Distribution, e-commerce supply chain operations preferable.
- You have strong passion for security, logistics and working with risk mitigation in the supply chain.
- Have a good understanding of supply chain management, risk management principles and application of mitigating measures to reduce risks
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to solve problems and make sound decisions
- Detail and process oriented while possessing the ability to multi-task, balance responsibilities, and think outside the box
- TAPA audit certification
- ASIS or other professional security organization memberships are preferred.
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice (US and China)
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- https://rocketyourcareer.kr.coupang.com/privacy-policy (Korea)
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.