Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
As an Engineer for Coupang Media Group, you will be responsible for developing, designing the new features for our advertising platform.
Coupang is investing in building a world-class Advertising business where we run relevant ads on key placements across our Website and Mobile App. We are building the next generation of products and services that will fuel the future growth of Coupang’s ad solutions, by providing self-service advertising capabilities to our Sellers and Suppliers.
We are looking for passionate software engineers to build the systems, infrastructure to power our ads product. This includes working on a greenfield project and building low latency and highly available services, scaling systems, building APIs for programmatic integrations. You will identify and solve hard problems to improve the system scalability, enhance the reliability, as well as optimize the resource efficiency. Are you passionate in building low latency and highly scalable distributed services? Do you want to be part of huge opportunity in building world-class Coupang Advertising business? We are looking for leaders to build these Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or electrical/electronic engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- 3+ years of solid work with fundamental algorithms, system design, and large distributed systems
- 3+ years of coding experience in one of the following: with: C++, Java, Scala,
- Self-starter and innovator who likes to solve complex problems
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non- technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in multi-cultural, cross functional team
- Experience building highly scalable systems in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience with handling large data volumes in a distributed environment – ideally with both backend data processing and web tier data management
- Ability and desire to drive solid design work on multi-threaded/multi-process, distributed system
- A passion to explore, improve, automate and optimize distributed systems and tools
- Ability to think outside-the-box and challenge conventional wisdoms
- Experience with advertising systems/Search advertising/Advertising Marketplace/Display advertising/Ad Server
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Experience working with AWS (Amazon web services)
- Experience working in startups
- Experience with Search Indexing, Elasticsearch
- Experience with Spark/Hbase/Hive/Kafka
Coupang is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis-C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, or affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.