Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Coupang is seeking a dynamic and motivated Account Manager for the Coupang marketplace business. The Account Manager will be responsible for acquiring and managing International Sellers to grow the their business in Korea.
As an Account manager, you will are responsible to prospect and acquire quality Sellers and managed the Sellers you acquired to help them sell effectively on Coupang and grow Marketplace GMV (sales revenue). You will be able to promote and articulate compelling value propositions for Coupang's marketplace business to the Sellers. You will also develop a clear understanding of our products, policies and platform to guide your Sellers.
What You Will Do
- Identify, qualify, market and cultivate Seller’s commitment to selling on Coupang.
- Analyze customer data and make recommendations to Coupang’s marketplace business. Execute successfully on the marketing plan recommended.
- Implement and track metrics for recording the success and quality of the sellers. Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity.
- Prospect business leads and market to and drive these leads to Coupang’s marketplace business and achieving quarterly quota targets for both the quantity and quality of sellers recruited.
- Understand and utilize Salesforce.com CRM tools to track all pertinent account information and status of prospective Sellers as well as respond to business forecasts.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the e-commerce industry and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive product offerings in Korea.
- Prioritize and complete additional projects while continuing to market the Coupang’s marketplace business to prospective new Sellers such as mentorship, competitive analysis and marketplace analysis.
- Prepare and deliver business reviews of the business regarding its progress in expanding the applicable marketing network and the overall state of health for the marketplace business.
- Meet or exceed marketing targets and operational metrics.
- Manage numerous opportunities concurrently and strategically.
- Create and articulate compelling value propositions around Coupang marketplace service to Sellers.
- Engage with Sellers to understand their needs and gauge fit with the Coupang Services product set.
- Develop a clear understanding of Coupang products, along with the features and functionalities.
- 5+ years of successful sales and/or business development experience, preferably in the e-Commerce, retail technology or software industries
- Demonstrated success in exceeding marketing/business development/sales targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in marketing and pitching nascent products/services to new markets and customers.
- Highly analytical with the ability to manipulate and analyze data.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and deal with ambiguity.
- Relationship management and communication skills.
- Bilingual in Korean.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Experience in Global e-commerce and/or Electronics, Beauty, Fashion, Home Goods in industries.
- Proven ability to influence others.
- Ability to work with legal, product and internal business owners to reach mutually beneficial agreements.
- Experience using analytical, marketing, and productivity tools including Business Intelligence, Tableau.
- Salesforce or other CRM tools, Microsoft OneNote and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Success managing large account portfolios.
- Track record of successfully scaling business campaign.
- SQL skills desirable.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding as well as gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin (including language use restrictions), age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.