Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
Selection available on Marketplace is served from third party sellers, and to address customers’ needs, we are looking for a Sr. Program Manager who is responsible for selection and pricing activities in Coupang Marketplace. As our program manager for marketplace, you will be responsible for leading and establishing the selection and pricing strategy for Sales and Seller teams, building programs and operations to support scaling of competitive selection and pricing. You will also be responsible for the strategy, planning and execution of various benchmarking initiatives highlighting seller pain points on selection & pricing and ways to work with the right stakeholders to improve system/product features to drive improved customer experience from selection and pricing standpoint.
What You Will Do
- Own selection targeting strategy for Marketplace to drive increased selection and competitive pricing.
- Drive scalable experiments & solutions in partnership with respective stakeholders to improve price perception.
- Start with the customer and work backwards to analyze & determine the selection gap and quality and growth strategy for customers and sellers.
- Work with sales marketplace teams to identify and define selection gaps.
- Drive operations and seller communications and negotiation strategies around selection and pricing.
- Provide business requirements to product management team for implementing new pricing features.
- Drive project planning through detailed product roadmaps and milestone tracking for pricing specific features.
- Keep leaderships updated on roadmap, program status and issues and competitive opportunities in the market.
- Liaise with our technical pricing teams to continuously improve how pricing systems work for our business.
- Support Marketplace Businesses in taking informed pricing decisions through deep analytics.
- Prioritize opportunities and collaborate/align with business, product and engineering teams to define, scope, schedule, test and deploy prioritized product and program.
- Measure the impact of actions taken and refine strategy or process to improve the performance.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including Sales, Tech, Seller support, Finance, Legal, and Marketing.
- One who has BA degree in finance, accounting, business, economics, or engineering
- One who has 7+ years, or equivalent of relevant business program or operations experience in a fast paced environment
- One who has advanced Excel skills
- One who has advanced analytics and management reporting skills
- One who has strong program management skills
- One who has knowledge of SQL
- One who has excellent written and verbal communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- One who has demonstrated track record of creative problem solving; thinks big, starts small, grows fast
- One who has experience working as strategy consultant
- One who has experience in business planning and operation
- One has demonstrated experience in leading pricing analysis, customer segmentation and/or product behavior analysis - Self-learning, enthusiasm and strong self-motivation
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.