Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world
We run thousands of A/B tests each year to make product decisions at Coupang. Our mission is to empower teams to run impactful experiments, ensuring we launch the best features to our Customers. As Principal Product Owner of the Experiment Platform, you will tackle many exciting challenges to meet the growing need for experimentation, including building more scale, speed, and accuracy to the platform; training and advising stakeholders across the organization; and expanding our coverage in new areas of business and products.
What You Will Do
- Define the product vision and set short and long-term goals with a company-wide perspective
- Collaborate regularly with stakeholders to understand their challenges and translate them into product requirements
- Benchmark our platform and practices against leaders in the industry and integrate into internal research and product development
- Partner with scientists and analysts to explore new experimentation methodologies and improve existing processes
- Partner with designers and engineers throughout the full development life cycle to build and maintain the platform
- Educate a diverse userbase, ranging from novice to advanced users, on experimentation tools and best practices
- 5+ years of product management experience building scalable systems
- Track record of working with stakeholders, designers, and engineers to launch successful products
- Ability to take ambiguous or complex problems and finding simple and innovative solutions
- Clear understanding of A/B testing concepts
- Familiarity with data pipelines, processing data, and generating metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience building a large-scale experiment platform or another data-related system
- Deep understanding of statistical approaches related to hypothesis testing
Coupang is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis-C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, or affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.