Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Messaging Services team, you will be responsible for designing and building solid infrastructure to construct, monitor and manage blaze-fast and consistent messaging pipelines. Your core mission is to provide company-wide and generic messaging solutions with super high scalability, reliability and availability to unleash the productivity of Customer teams. You will have significant scope, impact and responsibility in shaping the future of messaging platform at Coupang. You will be working in a friendly, synergistic, passionate and sharp team.
What You Will Do
- Design and build Coupang's Messaging Services platform
- Write durable code with the ability to process tera-bytes and peta-bytes each day
- Keep improving our platform stability, performance and achieving 99.9% to 99.99% availability with smooth operations
- Work closely with Coupang internal and external Customers and wow them with our cutting-edging products
- Building highly scalable distributed systems and computing frameworks using Java, AWS, Spark
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems or related technical field
- 3+ years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining large-scale software infrastructures
- Solid (AWS) cloud background on both software development and operations
- Expertise in distributed systems and computing frameworks like Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Team player and fast learner with the ability to quickly triage and troubleshoot complex problems
- Strong ownership and be passionate about applying new technologies to real products
- Building and deploying highly scalable, high availability, low latency systems infrastructure that can support billions of transactions
- 5+ years experience Software Engineering experience
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock equity
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Catered onsite lunches
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.