< Principal Front End Engineer (Coupang Play) >
About Coupang Play
Coupang Play is here to redefine entertainment and make our Customers say, "How did I ever live without Coupang". With a wide range of Korean and international content including movies, TV series, sports and educational content and backed by a strong product & engineering team based out of Seoul, Singapore and Mountain View, our vision is to build the most loved digital entertainment platform in Korea. We provide our employees with a great environment and some exciting problems to solve.
As a Front End Engineer for Living Room, you will be responsible for implementing visual elements that are visible from the Living Room devices. You are required to work in teams alongside Back end Developers, UI/UX designer and Product Managers to ensure all elements of the product are consistent. You will be responsible for the translation of UI/UX design wireframes to actual code. There are times you will be expected to work independently to meet tight deadlines following design guidelines. This requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work in a team with cross functional responsibilities across cultural and geographical boundaries.
- Develop new user facing features on Smart TV platform as well as developing existing features to enhance the user experience as per UI/UX design guideline.
- Collaborate with team members that includes Product, Design, UI/UX, Backend and Infrastructure as well as other stakeholders.
- Communicate and co-work with engineers to address issues and to find solutions, ideas to provide better user experience as well coordinate services on the backend side
- Write reusable, modular, testable code and libraries
- Enhance application for maximum speed and scalability
- Enhance application security
Required Qualifications and Capabilities:
- Passion for customer satisfaction.
- Understanding of key design principles.
- Proficiency with modern web development frameworks.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Extensive experience building interactive web applications using latest web frameworks and libraries.
- Experience using React.Js, Angular.js.
- Experience using Rest services as well as reactive patterns.
- Experience in developing Smart TV platform (LG Web OS, Samsung Tizen OS).
- Experience in developing application on Chromecast, Roku.
- Experience with Shaka Player, Video JS, and W3C Media Player.
- Experience in Web and media security (authentication, authorization, Widevine DRM).
- Experience working in a global setting.
- Experience managing and coaching a team.
- 12 to 20 years working experience.
<Principal Backend Engineer (Coupang Play)>
About Coupang Play
Coupang Play is here to redefine entertainment and make our Customers say, “How did I ever live without Coupang”. With a wide range of Korean and international content including movies, TV series, sports and educational content and backed by a strong product & engineering team based out of Seoul, Singapore and Mountain View, our vision is to build the most loved digital entertainment platform in Korea. We provide our employees with a great environment and some exciting problems to solve.
Backend Engineer is one of the key roles in the Coupang Play product organization. This role works closely with product designer, product manager, mobile, and quality engineering team to collaboratively produce awesome user experience. Experience in high availability distributed systems is essential, this role will design and develop the system that serves million customers every day.
- Develop, support, and improve key backend systems of the Coupang Play with high availability and scalability.
- Build RESTful APIs with proper documentation and tests.
- Building modular, testable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed & performance
- Formulate scalable technical solutions to satisfy product requirements from Product Owner.
- Implementation of security and data protection
Required qualifications and capabilities:
- 9+ years of software development experience in server application and system engineering using modern language.
- Expert with one or more of the following programming languages: Go, Java, NodeJS, Python, Ruby.
- Familiar and proficient with modern cloud computing such as AWS, GCP.
- Independent and self-driven.
- Experience with shipping large scale performant systems.
- Startup mindset and experience in startup companies.
- Experience related to streaming media.
- Experience familiar with Agile/Scrum process.