Coupang Eats is a new territory explored by Coupang, we deliver quality food and beverages from restaurants and cafes to customer hand with fast delivery. As engineering organization, we build end to end ecosystem for customer, merchants, courier, operators, sales and business marketing:
- Build with exciting tech stacks.
- Cloud Native (AWS), MSA, Spring boot, WebFlux, React JS, Vue JS, CSS3, HTML5, JPA, Elastic stack, Docker, Kafka, Redis, MySQL, Cassandra, native mobile development.
- Obsesses over site reliability to guarantee an effortless shopping experience
- Truly global, with teams located at Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing and Bay area
Our vision is to build a trusted eCommerce platform by obsessing over reliable and effortless shopping experience, through a highly productive engineering team.
- Lead merchant service build an extensible and scalable system to support our growing selection and operation
- Build and manage a highly efficient and expert group for serving and managing the merchant services for Coupang Eats.
- Align with stakeholders and lead engineers on mission critical projects to resolve complex business problems.
- Align with PO and merchants/franchise tech team on integration strategy
- Draw a roadmaps and vison for the scalable and robust growth of the merchant platform.
- Drive the highest quality of architecture and design of catalog and merchant operation systems.
- Decompose complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability and availability of catalog service.
- Deep-dive and handle critical system issues.
- Collaborate with other Coupang tech teams to make the service extensible to unlock opportunities for innovations.
Who we are looking for!
- Proven track record of leading teams for delivering mission critical system.
- 3+ years leading an engineering team handling large volume of traffic in distributed systems.
- 7+ years of experience working on software design and development in Java, database.
- Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available services.
- Strategic thinker and someone who has catalog service experience.
- Exceptional deep dive skills and someone who is bar raiser for engineering excellence.
- Experience with cloud computing with AWS
- Large system architecture design and development experience
- Experience with Java / MySQL / Spring environment
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience from e-commerce, O2O industry
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise in leading the delivery of large-scale services for complex business offerings
- Fluent in English speaking and writing
- Expertise knowledge of TTI and latency
- B2B experience is plus