Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.Job Overview:
- Building Highly Scalable and Reliable services-oriented architecture.
- Designing, developing and supporting world-class systems serving individuals and business of all sizes
- Driving and working on algorithm and architecture design, execute and deliver results
- Big Data Analytics supporting data collection, modeling, and optimization
- Working directly with machine learning scientists to scale up models on retail purchases, vendors, and other Coupang data to deeply understand our customers
- Working with strategic domains such as inventory management, ordering, personalization, and supply chain management.
- One who possesses Bachelors or above degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- One who has good programming practices including solid object-oriented principles and design patterns.
- One who has experience in web technologies, such as react and redux.
- One who has platform knowledge including MySQL, Hadoop, Spring, NodeJS, Git
- One who has ability to deep dive into software requirements and to focus on delivering results
- One who can maintain a sense of ownership and urgency across all responsible projects
- One who has been exposed in a dynamic startup or startup like environments preferred
- One who has experience in Cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure
- One who has experience at e-commerce or SaaS companies!
- One who has ability to think outside-the-box and challenge conventional wisdoms
- One who has experience with handling large data volumes in a Java server environment – ideally with both backend processing and web tier data management
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
- Catered lunches
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.