Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
CPLB is looking for a smart, customer obsessed, driven, and creative candidate to develop and execute inventory management strategies to maximize customer experience, sales, margin, and inventory turns. The Instock Manager will drive big initiatives to improve process, efficiency, in-stock rates, margins and revenue. They will use data to influence others and build scalable systems & processes, rather than just addressing single issues.
- Managing the improvement in inventory availability, increasing inventory efficiency and ensuring that the company makes efficient supply chain decisions including improvement to inventory management processes over time.
- Developing and manage inventory forecasts by working with Buyers to plan product launches, peak season, and industry shifts.
- Managing the relationship with key vendors that drive the business and optimize the end-to-end process.
- Performing root-cause analysis/reporting on operational issues, and then manage the solution to those issues.
This candidate should have previous experience in supply chain/operations/inventory management as well as a background in retail or e-commerce. They must be able to work in a fast scaling but collegial environment where teamwork is a must. The right candidate will be flexible, action and results oriented, and self-starting. They must also be decisive and able to move with speed to implement their own ideas.
- One who graduated from a 4-year college regardless of major
- One who has 5+ years of experience in buying, product management, vendor management, retail, e-commerce
- One who has professional experience in negotiating with internal and external stakeholders
- One who has Proficiency with Excel and extracting data through varied reporting tools in order to drive and influence business decisions
- One who has an ability to understand multiple retail business models and their technical implementation.
- One who has an ability to prioritize work in a complex, fast-paced environment
- One who has an ability to work with ambiguous problems.
- One who has strong proficiency in analytical tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL and statistical software
- One who experienced with process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
- One who has proven experience leading cross-functional projects
- One who has strong communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- One who has an ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
[Recruitment Process and Others]
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.