Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
The FC Department Manager will provide leadership and direction in a high volume outbound, B2C small parcel environment, supervise and coordinate operational activities of workers concerned within one or multiple of the following areas; receiving, replenishment, picking, packing, and/or shipping as it relates to preparing it for same day shipping internationally via expedited carrier services. Maintain a safe, effective and orderly work environment, scheduling, continuous process improvement and maintaining positive vendor relationships.
What you Will Do
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate departmental activities to fulfill sales orders, meet inventory requirements, and deliver manufactured products in a timely fashion
- Issue written and oral instructions
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers
- Maintain harmony among workers and resolve grievances
- Confer with other managers in the distribution center to ensure coordination of other warehouse activities
- Confer with other managers outside of the distribution center to ensure coordination of other functions such as production, inventory management and quality assurance
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment
- Responsible for working with Customer Service to assist in resolving issues related to order fulfillment
- Document and maintain all warehouse procedures as they relate to a picking/packing/shipping environment
- Responsible for improving and maintaining inventory accuracy
- Responsible for evaluating and planning labor for upcoming warehouse needs
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating
- Plans, directs and coordinates all activities of the warehouse department in an organized, safe and sanitary work environment that is in compliance with the Company’s policies, OSHA and government regulations
- Monitors and manages all aspects of employee performance to include administering write-ups/counseling
- Contains and/or reduces cost and drives productivity within the department
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Generally requires a minimum of 3-5 years of supervisory warehouse experience in a warehouse environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Programs (i.e.: Microsoft Work, Excel) and Google Office.
- Exceptional organizational and managerial skills.
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral, reading and understanding.
- Flexible to work extended hours and weekend
- Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. A
- Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
- E-commerce experience highly desired
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, individuals will be regularly required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally bend and move around the facility.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are
- Ability to travel if needed. Travel is minimal in this position.
- Fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Office and Distribution environment
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding as well as gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin (including language use restrictions), age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.