About Coupang Play
Coupang Play is here to redefine entertainment and make our Customers say, "How did I ever live without Coupang". With a wide range of Korean and international content including movies, TV series, sports and educational content and backed by a strong product & engineering team based out of Seoul, Singapore and Mountain View, our vision is to build the most loved digital entertainment platform in Korea. We provide our employees with a great environment and some exciting problems to solve.
Director - Marketing / Marketing Head
As a Director Marketing / Marketing Head, you will be responsible for building and growing the "Coupang Play" brand.
You will take complete P&L ownership of all marketing activities including digital, brand marketing and customer research. Working closely with the content acquisition teams you will drive user acquisition and engagement. This position will work directly with the business head and leadership teams.
- Own marketing strategy and enhance our customer-facing experience across acquisition and retention.
- Plan, execute and lead all paid & unpaid campaigns across online and offline channels, including Social, Display, Search and others.
- Own management and results of advertising channels, including budgeting, reporting, and efficiency optimization.
- Drive the marketing budget, forecast, and spend efficiency targets
- Collaborate with key publishers & partners to drive growth and retention.
- Develop & drive lifecycle marketing to build engagement and loyalty.
- Conduct market research to understand Customer requirements and personas and continuously improve Customer experience
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop advertising assets, landing pages, emails, and reporting needed to manage programs at launch and beyond.
- Develop & lead a team of creative, data driven, highly engaged individuals to manage marketing channels.
Personality & Past Experience
- Curious problem solver
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Systematic thinker with adequate experience in experimentation and learning from testing
- Team player, capable of tapping into collective intelligence to solve problems
- Ability to visualize data & narrate stories
- Extremely persistent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Marketing experience in the OTT / entertainment space will be an advantage.
- A background in owning and managing a budget, forecasting, and delivering on monthly goals of spend, CPA, ROAS, Retention and LTV.
- 10+ years Growth marketing experience with 6+ years in a leadership role
- Experience in growth stage consumer internet tech companies would be an advantage
- High degree of operational autonomy and independence to run tests and fail fast
- Highly resourced team of marketing experts, data analysts, product managers and engineers to build scalable and efficient programs
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice (US and China)
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- https://rocketyourcareer.kr.coupang.com/privacy-policy (Korea)
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.