Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
We are currently looking to take on board a Head of Fashion category management executive to join our retail leadership team. As a buildup, we prefer to operate according to a set of leadership principles rather than job descriptions itself, so that we can empower individuals and allow them to push past boundaries. Driving business strategy, overseeing budgets, planning for future growth and product development, and leading diverse business teams.
As Head of Fashion business, is collaborate and thrive in a dynamic environment, demonstrate and foster innovative thinking, use and learn the latest tools and technology to analyze data and insights at scale, and above all else think every day about how to best meet the needs of our customers.
A leader will focus on developing relationships with a various fashion brands to build Coupang Rocket within all Fashion Category.
What You Will Do
- Head of Fashion is going to help us innovate and scale out apparel business in the manner that's required, very analytical who can additionally help us innovate as well as understand trends to enable us to move the apparel business forward at Coupang significantly
- Drive and build a stronger partnership across new and existing customers to negotiate with global and local fashion brands and onboard them on Coupang retail fashion team
- Provide strategic vision for the business; help to cultivate strategic relationships with key partners, both internal and external
- Set the parameters and provide guidance on all key aspects of the business including sales, marketing and inventory management. Driving systematic improvements as well as championing new opportunities to grow the business and wow the customers.
- Hire and develop entire fashion team and cultivate future leaders who can launch, develop, and run new businesses
- Think outside of the box to solve complex problems and use trends and competitive analysis to define and implement long term business strategies.
- Proven fashion industry leader with a successful and hands-on rack record of running a complex business end-to-end combined with strong P&L management experience
- Strong retail, eCommerce or fashion background with ability to drive change
- Demonstrable ability to build lasting relationships and conduct negotiations with leading global and local fashion brands to obtain preferable terms and win-win solutions
- Able to balance strategy with strong operational skills - able to understand, deconstruct, streamline and optimize complex, large-scale business processes
- Experience of recruiting, managing and developing a team(s), both direct and indirect reports
- Superb analytical skills and ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- A passionate self-starter, ready to take Coupang’s fashion category to the next level
- Broad commercial awareness developed in a high-growth, fast-moving eCommerce / retail environment
- Preferred Bilingual in Korean and English.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to design cross functional way of working.
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.